- What is lymph drainage therapy?
- What is lymph and why have it drained?
- Does it hurt?
- What are the benefits of LDT to the body?
- How does it promote wellness?
- What are some specific uses of LDT?
- How many sessions will I need?
- How do I prepare for my LDT session?
- How will I feel after receiving LDT?
LYMPH DRAINAGE THERAPY
What is lymph drainage therapy?
Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) is a powerful boost to your immune system that enhances your wellness program. The strokes can be used in a specific area or over the entire body, including face, hands and feet. It is a gentle manual technique that stimulates lymphatic circulation and promotes healthy fluid flow throughout the body.
What is lymph and why have it drained?
Lymph is the fluid that is contained in lymphatic vessels and flows through the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is a key player in the immune system. Lymph drainage can increase lymph flow by 10%. Lymph picks up proteins, enzymes and hormones circulated by blood, as well as cell debris, waste, and toxins. Lymph carries nutrients to cells and carries the wastes and toxins to the immune organs, helping keep your tissues in peak condition. Anytime fluid waste accumulates in tissues more than 30% of normal, swelling and pain can occur. So, having lymph drainage helps boost your immune system, nourishes cells/tissues, and detoxifies your body, and eases areas of pain and congestion.
- Activates lymphatic system circulation
- Reduces fluid accumulation/swelling/edema
- Reduces allergy symptoms
- Energizes the immune system
- Reduces chronic pain and muscle spasms
- Improves skin tone
- Improves tissue function both pre and post surgery
- Improves circulation of blood and hormones
- Helps detoxify the body
- Boosts digestive/eliminative function
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Improves dental conditions
- Congestion – Swelling from accidents, bruises, surgery, sinus blockage, arthritis, etc.
- Detoxification – Immune system improvement, chronic fatigue, multiple sclerosis, weight loss/diet change, recovery from illness, and allergy relief.
- Skin regeneration – Scars from burns, surgery, illness, injury, acne, insect bites, and chronic skin conditions.
- Skin rejuvenation -- Promotes younger looking skin
The technique is so gentle. How can it possibly work?
LDT was developed to precisely move fluid through the lymphatic system. Most of the lymph pathways are just under the skin (dermo-epidermal junction). Improving surface fluid flow stimulates the deep lymphatics to improve circulation.
How many sessions will I need?
The number of sessions varies, depending on the reason you are receiving LDT and on your overall health. Usually, one to three sessions before surgery are helpful. Post surgery, you may receive LDT as soon as 24 hours after your procedure with your doctor’s approval. LDT is applied two to three times per week for intense work or one to two times per month as a preventive for chronic problems. For an immune system boost, receive LDT four to six times per year.
How do I prepare for my LDT session?
Eat lightly and drinking extra water for a few days pre and post session produces the best results and aids the lymphatic system in toxin removal.
How will I feel after receiving LDT?
RELAXED! Many people report feeling "lighter," breathing deeper and moving easier. The most common comment: I feel great!